Soundslinger, LLC develops music, art & lifestyle businesses on our 600 acre property at Sunshine Grove in beautiful Okeechobee, Florida.
Soundslinger is a small group of people on a mission to create unique, meaningful, FUN and diverse events. We are all live music & experience lovers at the core and we believe in creating intentional spaces for people to follow their passion, explore their own creativity, connect with others, learn from those around them & ENJOY LIFE. We strive to do things differently and to constantly push ourselves and those around us to become our best and most creative selves in order to produce truly one-of-a-kind experiences.
About Soundslinger’s Internship Program
Step outside your traditional classroom for this unpaid educational internship. As an intern, you will be working one-on-one with Soundslinger team members to gain hands on experience within the music industry. We are looking for students who are passionate about music, people, and culture.
This experience is an opportunity to immerse yourself in a competitive industry. Through this networking opportunity you will strengthen your interpersonal skills, learn industry best practices, and flex your creative muscles with some of the raddest event producers in the game.
**Each student must be eligible to receive college credit for any internship with Soundslinger**
The ideal candidate is:
- Detail oriented and organized
- A strong problem solver and creative thinker
- Experience in Live Events is a plus but not required
- Willing to adapt to new assignments or tasks
- A self-starter who can work independently when needed
- Proficient in GSuite & Microsoft Office
- Has Quantitative skills
- Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator is a must. HTML/CSS and WordPress CMS is a plus, but not required **(For Graphic Design Interns specifically)**
Are you the type of person who…
- Enjoys researching new trends in the industry?
- Wants to be a part of a relaxed and informal work culture?
- Has strong writing skills and is comfortable speaking publicly?
- Enjoys working on a small team
Our Fall 2017 Internship Program will be available for each of the categories below:
Marketing ⧫ MIA / NYC
- Assist with Event Promotions to help coordinate the Street Team and College Ambassador programs
- Assist with our Customer Service program by answering questions we receive from festival attendees
- Volunteer at other Florida events throughout the year to help promote Soundslinger events
- Brainstorm content for the Festival’s social media accounts
- Assist with content creation for email campaigns & special initiatives
- Research & present new social media trends to Soundslinger Marketing team on a regular basis
Operations ⧫ MIA
- Assist in facilitating the overall operation and event production
- Work with a diverse team of industry professionals
- Assist with vendor onboarding and the advance process
- Learn how to use the festival database and assist with its management
- Research & present new industry trends to the Soundslinger Operations team on a regular basis
Accounting ⧫ MIA
- Participate in selection/negotiation of vendors
- Data entry & administrative tasks
Graphic Design ⧫ MIA / NYC
- Assist with the creation of graphic assets throughout marketing campaign(s)
- Assist with the branding & graphic representation of website, emailer & online presence
- Brainstorm creative ways to enhance the graphics for all Soundslinger events
- Bring current, cutting edge apps, ideas & content to the Soundslinger team